Advert

Advert
Zenith Bank

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Former Attorney General, Mike Aondoakaa Dumps PDP

Former Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Mike Aondoakaa, has resigned his membership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.
Aondoakaa made the disclosure on Monday, April 6, 2015, in a telephone interview with Vanguard newspaper in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, stating that he was leaving partisan politics to take care of his personal businesses as well as engage fully in his law practice.
In his words: “I am leaving politics to fully engage in a bigger law practice and also tend to my businesses. I have already tendered my resignation letter to the party.”
Commenting on the allegation that he intended to decamp to the APC, Aondoakaa said it wasn’t true.
I am not joining any party, it’s not true. I am leaving now before anyone starts saying anything or insinuating anything, I am quitting partisan politics,” he said.
The former Attorney General also debunked allegations that he worked against PDP during the just concluded presidential elections.
He described the allegations as not only unfounded but baseless.
“I never worked against the PDP, on the day of the elections. I only went to the polling booth and cast my votes. All I told the people was that they should vote according to their conscience and also defend their votes. I never worked against any party. The allegation is baseless.” he added.
This comes few hours after the deputy governor of Jigawa state, Alhaji Ahmad Mahmud, was reported to be considering dumping the ruling PDP for the APC.

According to reports which surfaced on Monday, it was disclosed that the deputy governor would be received alongside some of the officials of the PDP-led state government, including commissioners, by the state APC chairman, Ado Kiri, the party’s gubernatorial candidate, Badaru Abubakar, and other APC leaders in the state.

No comments: