Advert

Advert
Zenith Bank

Wednesday 8 June 2016

Photos: Students Staged Bra-less Protest Over Unfair Dress Codes

Kaitlyn Juvik was called into the head teacher's office and told she not having a bra on made others 'uncomfortable'. Noting she going braless under an opaque black t-shirt, was a dress code violation.

Which is quite clearly ridiculous. As Kaitlyn notes, you’d have to look pretty closely to even notice she wasn’t wearing a bra. Why would her natural body make people uncomfortable? And why was she made to change to accommodate someone else’s dislike of how she looks?
 In response, Kaitlyn was joined by other supportive students to stage a protest, ditching their bras for one school day.
The Facebook page launched in solidarity with Kaitlyn, No Bra No Problem, now has more than 1,000 members.
 ‘What I was confronted about was wrong,’
‘As long as nothing is showing and you’re covered up, girls should not have to wear a bra.
‘The fact that I was told it makes people uncomfortable offended me because it’s my body.
‘It is my natural body and I’m not sure why that is uncomfortable to somebody.’she said in a video posted by KTVH

No comments: